HSP :: High School Partnerships


Welcome to High School Partnerships


Image of classroom instructionOur Mission
The mission of the High School Partnership Program is to provide scholastically able and interested students the opportunity to experience more academically challenging coursework and to begin earning college credit while still enrolled in high school.

About the High School Partnership Program
Clackamas Community College, together with local high schools, has made it possible for college courses to be offered on the high school campus during the high school day. College instructors come to the high school to teach the courses and students are treated as college students in the course. All college policies and codes of conduct apply within these classes. See the college student handbook for further information: http://www.clackamas.edu/documents/handbook.pdf

Credit earned through the High School Partnership Program posts to a CCC transcript and is transferable to colleges and universities in state and around the country.  This credit can prevent a student from repeating coursework he/she has already completed, saving money and time toward college degree completion!  This credit may also provide students with scheduling flexibility for study abroad or service learning opportunities.

Please note:  It is always up to the receiving institution on how and if credit will apply to their degree programs,

so be sure to check with your specific school.


High School Partners

We currently partner with three high schools to offer High School Partnership classes . View our current partner schools under the HS Course Lists tab.



 Registration and Costs

(Please find the step-by-step application and registration guide under the "Register" tab.)

Beginning in the 2011-12 academic year, High School Partnership Application and Registration will be an on-line process. Students without a CCC Student ID# will need to fill out and submit the on-line High School Partnership Application. 

Students participating in the High School Partnership Program need to register with CCC for the college credit within the registration timelines posted.  If students are taking multiple classes for college credit, they will likely be registering at different times throughout the year.  Registration for the college credit begins approximately two to four weeks after a class begins at the high school. The registration dates will be listed on the High School Class Registration Lists.

The High School Partnership Program is offered at a high school on a contract between the college and the high school. Fees for offering the course are paid by the high school to the college. Currently there are no fees for students taking these courses at the high school.

HSP Drop Policy:

All HSP students who wish to drop a college class, must consult their high school counselor. Dropping a college class may have an adverse affect on your high school graduation requirements, if the credit is needed for graduation requirements. Drop deadlines are posted on the high school course listings page of this website. You have until the 6th week of the the course to drop without responsibility for a grade on the college transcript. During the 7th & 8th week you may request a withdraw from your instructor, but a W will show on your transcript. If you drop a HSP college class, you are no longer able to attend the class. The class must be dropped by the drop deadline to avoid a grade posting to your transcript.  If you have any questions, please contact the High School Partnership Office at 503-594-3208.




 How to Transfer Your HSP Credits

When you have completed your HSP class(es) and the grades have been submitted by the college instructor, your transcript will be updated.  When you are ready to have these classes and credits transfer to a four-year school or a different community college, you will need to request an official transcript be sent to the college or university you will be attending.

We recommend you review your unofficial transcript for accuracy before ordering an official copy.  Access your student account at myClackamas, our on-line student record system, and click on  Account Information.

Once you have reviewed your transcript to verify everything is accurate, you may submit your transcript request online, in person, by fax or mail.

  • To order an official transcript online, click on Transcript Request in the Account Information link in myClackamas). Or go to http://www.getmytranscript.com and select Clackamas Community College.
  • Here is a link to the Transcript Request Form if you prefer to submit your request in person or by fax.
  • There is a $10.00 fee for each official copy of your transcript. This can be paid by cash, check or debit/credit card. Payment must accompany your request.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact the registrar's office at: 503-594-3370 or email: registrar@clackamas.edu

Note:  HSP classes taken in the current year are not posted on the CCC transcript until the course is completed and grades have been posted by the college instructor. To verify registration, you can view your schedule in myClackamas.



For more information on the High School Partnership Program, please contact:

Cheryl Tallman

Dual Credit Coordinator

Office: Community Center Rm. CC109

Phone: (503) 594-3208

Fax: (503) 650-6670



Joy Overlin

OEP Administrative Assistant

Office:Community Center Rm. CC113

Phone: (503) 594-3161

Fax: (503) 650-6670



Link to Clackamas CC home page